Objective-C help

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Am I blind?? didnt see that hahaha

Raz0rEdge, do you know how do I proceed to compile this code in the Xcode?

While playing around in fixing this I wanted to try it out in Xcode thinking it would compile it properly, but I couldn't find a template that fit this particular case. You might have to play around with the ones that are available and see which one works..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
So my guess is that we don't have the multi-lib support and were trying to build the 64-bit application against the 32-bit libraries, with the "-m32" they match and things work..

Interesting. This is something I wouldn't see as I have a Core Duo (32-bit) machine.

Thanks for figuring it out.

Reaction score
Permanent fix to this?

Hi,

Sorry for resurrect this old thread but thought it might be easier to resurrect this rather than start a new one and link back.

I also had this problem, and this thread very helpfully helped me fix it. I was wondering whether there is any permanent fix to this? Is it necessary to always specify the type of library with -m32 flag?

I'm also using a 64 bit mac.

Thanks a lot,
Sam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.