O Happy Day

Reaction score
lol congragulations on your new purchase im getting mine in 2 days well ordering it anyway i hope it comes soon

OP
MMATruman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
He used the ADC program; I think.
Yep, I used the ADC, the Student one, so you get a 1 time 20% off discount. Only 100 dollars for a year, plus you get Leopard free, so it pays for itself.

Reaction score
Yep, I used the ADC, the Student one, so you get a 1 time 20% off discount. Only 100 dollars for a year, plus you get Leopard free, so it pays for itself.

Arghhh! I did the education discount, got the $200 off the MBP, and got the free IPod. Is that better than the ADC discount you got? The only thing I'm bummed about is that Leopard is not free in my deal...

OP
MMATruman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unfortunately, I think my deal was better. The computer costed $1,600, the tax $100, the membership $100. I also got the free printer. I think you paid $100 more than me, including your tax, and I still get Leopard for free. Well, you have the Student Developer Discount to use anytime during college; you only get one though, so i recommend getting the best, newest, most expensive computer you can. I'm sure there will be better MBPs when you are a senior.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(
woo congrats my friend! I'm in the same boat as you... waiting , just waiting for my macbook pro to come.

Reaction score
Oh well... at least I got something out of the education discount deal. Better than nothing.

Can't wait to get mine.

OP
MMATruman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The printer came today

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, that discount is insane! I should have done the same thing, but do you really have to be in the developer program? And must you show that you are going into it?

OP
MMATruman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, you HAVE to pay the 1 year $100 fee for the student developer program. The requirement for the discount is you must be IN college, and 18 or over. (My brother is both) :) To show that you are a student, you email them a copy of your schedule and your license. You DO NOT have to have any computer classes on your schedule.

Reaction score
wow that is an INSANE deal on the MBP. I still don't understand the discount though. Is that the American site? I checked the price and it says $1999 so after the $200 student discount its still $1799.

I am from Canada and used the student discount to get my new MBP 2.2ghz.(Got it yesterday and posting on it right now!) Do I still get Leopard for free? or is that just an American thing?

OP
MMATruman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm pretty sure that, in all of the countries, there is a difference between the "Student Discount" and the "Student Developer Discount." With the Developer one, you have to pay a 1 time fee, and you only get one discount. The dicount is huge though, and the OS is free. With the regular student discount, the deal is pretty good, but the deals are unlimited in use, and you get a free iPod. No OS though. So each program has its ups and downs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, you HAVE to pay the 1 year $100 fee for the student developer program. The requirement for the discount is you must be IN college, and 18 or over. (My brother is both) :) To show that you are a student, you email them a copy of your schedule and your license. You DO NOT have to have any computer classes on your schedule.

I wish I knew this sooner, I could have saved a few hundred. Oh well. Question on proving you're a college student, Is it possible to go into your local Apple store and show them your schedule?

OP
MMATruman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wish I knew this sooner, I could have saved a few hundred. Oh well. Question on proving you're a college student, Is it possible to go into your local Apple store and show them your schedule?
If you are using the regular student discount, you can just go into the apple store and show them your schedule and your ID. But if you are in the ASDC, you have to do everything online because the apple store's inventory doesn't include the computers sold through the ADC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
you cant get the fre ipod on Turkey..It is a shame:(and by the way cangrats for your new computer man..it seems your gonna have lots fun with it.

OP
MMATruman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks - just waiting for it now. Got stuck in customs in Shanghai. Then it went to the Philippines, then from Alaska to Indianapolis. I'm in California!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb Memory, 80gb HDD, Leopard / Pink iPod Nano
man, i wish i would have known about that discount. i just used the regular student discount, got the printer and the pink nano, and the base model macbook. i dont really need to use my computer for anything intense so i figured the base model would be fine for me, but i love the MBP! oh well. i am still happy with my purchase!

i just ordered mine yesterday and the shipping confirmation email said it would be here tomorrow. thats really fast shipping!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
I got discount on mine. My Mum is a student!! so i have ordered a MBP 2.4ghz/2gb/160gb AppleCare, iWork 08.

Saved £480ukp!! no iPod offer in UK though (as far as i'm aware)

cant wait for it to arrive

Reaction score
... With the regular student discount, the deal is pretty good, but the deals are unlimited in use, and you get a free iPod. No OS though. So each program has its ups and downs.

Not quite, if you look at the apple site you are limited to two computers a year. I bought two this year but only one that way. I had a better discount on hubby's iMac by taking a box the forklift had gone through. I was able to take it out of the box, boot it up and check it out in the store before purchasing it. You have to really work it to get a sweet deal from a regular store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.