Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Which Mac model do you have?

I have a Mac Book Pro running Leopard

Oh and I found out my chip info it is intel core 2 duo Mb RAM, 2.4 GHz

I am thinking about upgrading to 4 MB.

You have an Intel Mac, make sure you choose that version. I take it you're looking at upgrading from 2 to 4GB of RAM? While this is probably a topic for another thread, note that it's probably not necessary unless you're running some very heavy hitter applications.

Reaction score
oh, ok. i guess i did get off track. it is just when running photoshop it sometimes gets hung up and i thought 4 MB would solve that.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
oh, ok. i guess i did get off track. it is just when running photoshop it sometimes gets hung up and i thought 4 MB would solve that.

If you make extensive use of Photoshop, 4GB may be helpful. Note that while 4MB would have been a massive amount of memory on a Commodore 64, it's almost insignificant to modern computers ;)

1024MB = 1GB.

Reaction score
If you make extensive use of Photoshop, 4GB may be helpful. Note that while 4MB would have been a massive amount of memory on a Commodore 64, it's almost insignificant to modern computers ;)

1024MB = 1GB.
lol my first computer didn't even have a hard drive!!!! I had two 256k floppies because I didn't think I needed a hard drive (too expensive---a wedding present at $2000+). And those floppies were like 5" or thereabouts, and they really were floppy. I was writing my dissertation (never finished). It was an IBM and it didn't even have a mouse, the DOS days-- 1985. How times change.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.