notes in outlook

Reaction score
I'm using MS Outlook 2013 for some months. I store there a lot of data. Some days ago, my notes disappeared from my Account, I've no idea where to search them.

Reaction score
I'm using MS Outlook 2013 for some months. I store there a lot of data. Some days ago, my notes disappeared from my Account, I've no idea where to search them.

If you don’t know how to get .pst file back via Scanpst then I would suggest repair pst

Some of threads similar to yours http://ccm.net/forum/affich-825481-outlook-2010-cannot-open-or-access-the-required-pst-file

And like wiki you might be helpful the article https://www.msoutlook.info/question/690

Let's try some steps…

1. Open outlook in safe mode, and try to reproduce issue Run->Outlook /safe>
Notes: It'll disable most of Add-ins to test if the issue is cause by them
2. Please try to clean up the form cache, we may receive the messages which form has been modified some times
a. "Tools" menu->"Options"->"Other" tab->"Advanced Options"
b. "Custom Forms"->Click "Manage Forms"->"Clear Cache"
c. Restart Outlook for testing
d. If above steps won't work, try to rename the form cache file
e. Quit outlook, search "frmcache.dat" file on the hard drive, and then rename it
f. Start outlook to check issue
Notes: Form cache will be recreated when next time you use a custom form
3. Please try to recreate the mail profile in case the profile corruption may be the cause
4. Try to change the location of the PST.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Excuse me, and I don't have a solution, but this seems like the blind leading the blind with both brand new members, and the reply post links seem to be for Outlook Windows users.

But there might be something Mac related but I sure didn't see anything and I must admit I didn't understand most of the suggested "steps"

No offense intended, but maybe try a google search on something like:
Mac notes in outlook disappeared
https://www.google.ca/search?client...&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=-yyFWeOuKobt8weNn4CYDg

Some of the hits seem promising and more Mac related and I am assuming a Mac and Mac OS X is being used. :Mischievous:

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Patrick:

I'm using MS Outlook 2013 for some months.

Perhaps you should notice that the version of Outlook the OP referred to is a Windows version. (Outlook 2013) So maybe it would have been better not to say anything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@chscag

Perhaps you should notice that the version of Outlook the OP referred to is a Windows version.

I didn't notice it being mentioned that that particular version is for Windows only and this mac-forums site is mainly for Mac apps and users is it not.

The next time I'll just pass unless maybe they state that they're using a Windows app on a Mac. And then I'd just pass anyway.

But maybe the OP can hopefully find a good solution in one of the hits in the link I posted.

- Patrick
======

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
What if he had Outlook running on Windows via Bootcamp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What if he had Outlook running on Windows via Bootcamp?

Yeah, what if eh Rod???

Quite a possibility now that I've thought about it, and I guess and it could have helped if they had said so, and BTW: the "he" you seem to have referred to sure looks like a very nice attractive female looking at their avatar.

Anyway, my apologies if I offended either of the two new members and welcome to the listserv forum.

And I wonder if the suggestions fixed their problem??? It would be nice to hear back some feedback either way. :D

- Patrick
======

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just to add, this might be of interest, as well as some other google hits and in case the problem wasn't fixed:

Discontinued features and changes in Outlook 2013
Applies To: Outlook 2013
If you're familiar with Microsoft Outlook 2010 or earlier versions of Microsoft Outlook, the following list describes features and functionality that have been discontinued or changed in Microsoft Outlook 2013.

Notes Notes doesn’t appear on the ribbon or in the new navigation bar. The default special folder for Notes still exists and can be selected from the Folders view in the folder pane. Any existing Notes folders appear in the Folder Pane Folder List view. In Outlook Options, the Notes and Journal is removed. New notes have a default color of yellow, default size of medium, default font of 11 point Calibri, and display the date and time that the note was last modified. These options are not read and cannot be changed from any preferences or registry keys.
https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...ook-2013-6fad16ab-b50b-4900-81b9-249c71f3027b

For more other hits, try:
https://www.google.ca/search?client...cDVAhUJwWMKHX48AWUQvwUIIygA&biw=1321&bih=1235

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.