• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Not too happy with my VW

OP
WakeCarver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
yeah, mighty putty only withstands like 200 degrees so Billy may be wrong on that one. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
I have had a few VW's they were nothing but problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd

But don't you just love them!

Check out
Volkswagen Passat B6 FWD 2.0T > Exhaust > Down Pipe

That one is a bit of an upgrade i believe, but will get the job done.

When something goes wrong with my VW, i think of it as an opportunity to upgrade.

By the time i sold my '03 GTI, it was rock solid and had over 215 whp. Drove like new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
To be honest, the biggest problems I had were with type 2's with original, unrebuilt engines and trannys :D

OP
WakeCarver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Just an update, VW covered the cost of the repair. They said it was a common failure so they just covered the cost. So that was some good news. Hopefully there won't be any more problems for a while. My thanks to all of you for your advice!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Just an update, VW covered the cost of the repair. They said it was a common failure so they just covered the cost. So that was some good news. Hopefully there won't be any more problems for a while. My thanks to all of you for your advice!

Excellent. I was kind of hoping Geeky1 would chime in here, as I recall, he's a VW mechanic. You might want to shoot him a PM if you ever have any other oddball issues like this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
But don't you just love them!

Check out
Volkswagen Passat B6 FWD 2.0T > Exhaust > Down Pipe

That one is a bit of an upgrade i believe, but will get the job done.

When something goes wrong with my VW, i think of it as an opportunity to upgrade.

By the time i sold my '03 GTI, it was rock solid and had over 215 whp. Drove like new.

I do love them untill the check engine light comes on...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Have had three '72' superbugs ...
ultimate for me would be a split screen combi ...

Will be waiting a while as they are hard to come by here down under

Glad it was covered by VW for you mate. No sounding like a "Logger Truck" now, even though personally i love the sound of Big Rigs lol

Well done

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
My family/and extended has had in total, 6 VWs, and all but one were great. I accidentally jumped a curb in my current passat. I had jumped it almost 5 feet(width wise). It was one of those parking lot curbs that are put in the middle of nowhere. My rear tires came down5 feet after the curb. And more than a year later, the only problem was a damaged tire...as confirmed by their mechanic. VIVA VW :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.