No driver for ExpressCard on MBP 15 Lion

Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded to OS X Lion my ExpressCard port does not work on my MBP 15. I looked under

About this mac>System report>PCI Cards: ExpressCard: Driver Installed: No
MSI: No
Bus: PCI
Slot: ExpressCard

Anyone know where I can find the drivers for this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're going to need to go to the Express Card maker's site and see if they have updated drivers for Lion. You didn't give us any other information about the card?

OP
Z
Reaction score
Doesn't the Macbook Pro need a driver for the ExpressCard slot? I found the drivers for the Lexar CF ExpressCard reader and I am in the process of downloading. Will have to check later if it worked, because card is at home.

Thanks for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Doesn't the Macbook Pro need a driver for the ExpressCard slot?

No. Since the Express Card slot is built into your MBP, no additional drivers are needed in order for it to work. However, depending on which card you insert, drivers for that particular card may be needed. In your case, updated drivers for Lion are probably what you require.

OP
Z
Reaction score
o.k., I went to mfg website and downloaded the drivers for the card. installed them and rebooted, but it still doesn't recognize the card. Am I doing something wrong?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Am I doing something wrong?

Probably not. Did they say the drivers were specifically for Lion? If the card was working OK prior to upgrading to Lion, it almost has to be a driver problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.