New to macbook pro Do I get magic mouse or get used to keypad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
I went ahead and bought a trackpad to use with Lion. The regular mouse is adequate with my MBP in clamshell mode, but I don't think would take advantage of the simple 'swipe' and 'pinch' navigation in Lion. My mouse pointer tend to 'catch' on any graphics or pics on browser page, so that it would not scroll smoothly. The trackpad doesn't have that problem. But then I'm using a generic mouse, not the magic mouse.

Reaction score
Using MM and MTrackpad together

I highly recommend having both. The trackpad is fantastic - but there does come a time if you're doing a lot of work where the wrist feels it - and switching the mouse makes sense. There are still things that the mouse does better as well. On the weekends when working on a research project - I have the MM sitting next to my trackpad - and use them both depending on what I'm doing. They work great together. :)

I really like using them together on my Mac PRO (latest OS), BUT..something is amiss and when I type, all of a sudden the cursor jumps to another line, or it selects text (so the next letter I type wipes out the text). I know I'm not jiggling either the MM or the MTrackpad, so that can't be the cause.

Any ideas?
Sean

Reaction score
the trackpad is pretty intuitive, and I love the large amount of space dedicated to it on the mbp....

but the magicmouse is probably the greatest thing ever created when it comes to navigation. there's no way I would ever choose the trackpad over the magicmouse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.