New iPhone isn't showing up on iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac High Sierra Mac OS 10.13.6
I just bought a new iPhone 11 a few days ago. It replaces my very old iPhone 5c. I have an iMac and I'm using OSX High Sierra (10.13.6). iTunes (12.8.2.3) doesn't seem to acknowledge my new iPhone when plugged into my iMac via the lightening cable but the old 5c phone works fine with iTunes. I cannot get the iPhone icon to appear in the upper left corner of iTunes for my new iPhone 11 nor can I carry out any operations. Is there some way to force iTunes to recognize this phone. Any advice is helpful, as I'm not really a power user. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what.

Thanks in adv,
Bob M.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I cannot get the iPhone icon to appear in the upper left corner of iTunes for my new iPhone 11 nor can I carry out any operations.

Maybe try and follow the instructions here where it says learn what to do:

Hopefully, the answer will be in there somewhere.

- Patrick
=======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try going through this Apple Support Article. I have had the same problem on occasion with not only a new iPhone but one that was formerly recognized by iTunes or the Finder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.