New iPad mini 6 - help with photos

Reaction score
Hello

just wondering if anyone could offer me some advice?

I have just got the iPad mini 6 and when I set it up all the photos that were on my old ipad and iPhone 11 loaded onto my new iPad?

is there a way of removing the photos from iPad mini 64 GB ? But keeping them on my MacBook and iPhone? Without loosing them?

thus giving me some more space on iPad mini?

many thanks for your advice

yummy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
On the iPad, turn off iCloud sync for Photos in Settings. Then you can delete them from the iPad and it won't sync back to the other machines.

OP
Y
Reaction score
On the iPad, turn off iCloud sync for Photos in Settings. Then you can delete them from the iPad and it won't sync back to the other machines.
Thank you. I will try that. Do I manually delete photos or does it do it when I turn off iCloud? There are some in folders that I do want to keep on iPad?
what happens if I turn back on iCloud sync and if I’ve added photos after that what will happen then?
thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Manually delete after turning off the iCloud sync. If you turn iCloud sync later, everything will sync, so what is missing on the iPad should appear again, and what is on the iPad should appear on the other devices.

EDIT: Make backups everywhere before making changes to iCloud. You never know what can go wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.