New iMac Superdrive slot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo (Aluminum & Glass) 260 GB HD
I'm just curious.... to anyone that currently owns one of the new iMacs do you have to insert the disc in almost completely before it latches on and grabs it?

My Dad was over to see the new iMac and saw how far I need to put in the disc and was kind of amazed as he has the older model and doesnt need to push in as far.

Reaction score
Yes I noticed this too. You need to insert it manually about 90% of the way. A little odd I thought, but as long as it works fine, I wouldn't worry too much :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
The instructions that came with my new iMac specifically state that you should push the CD in until your fingers touch the computer. I've used the drive a couple times, and this is pretty accurate. It works fine though.

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
The instructions that came with my new iMac specifically state that you should push the CD in until your fingers touch the computer. I've used the drive a couple times, and this is pretty accurate. It works fine though.

Sean

X2...that's the way mine works....

OP
bryans83
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo (Aluminum & Glass) 260 GB HD
okay thank you for the response, i figured it was designed this way, but its nice to be reassured.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.