New Imac coming

Reaction score
With my new unit set to arrive tomorrow, I was wondering how would I be able to tell that I got the build that I paid for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
With my new unit set to arrive tomorrow, I was wondering how would I be able to tell that I got the build that I paid for?

Well, might be helpful if you tell us how you had your iMac modified (e.g. more RAM, etc.) and is your purchase through Apple - not sure where you are located?

But if you are familiar w/ the mac OS, the current version is High Sierra 10.13.2 which I'm assuming will be installed on your computer - but once setup, simply go to the Apple in the left upper menu bar and hit 'About This Apple' which will bring up the first image below providing some basic information; then hit 'Storage' to see your drive capacity (middle pic); and finally generate a 'System Report' (third pic) which will provide you plenty of items to review - hope this helps. Dave :)
System1.png
System2.png

OP
S
Reaction score
Sorry, thought it was generic enough for a simple answer. 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core
8GB of DDR4 RAM | 1TB SSD, purchased from B&H Photo. Thanks Dave.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you purchased from them I'm about 99% sure you got what you ordered, I've ordered from them before with no issues whatsoever.

OP
S
Reaction score
If you purchased from them I'm about 99% sure you got what you ordered, I've ordered from them before with no issues whatsoever.

I don't doubt it, but the amount of money spent, just want to be sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, thought it was generic enough for a simple answer. 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core
8GB of DDR4 RAM | 1TB SSD, purchased from B&H Photo. Thanks Dave.

I don't doubt it, but the amount of money spent, just want to be sure.

Hi again - well, hard to give a 'simple answer' when no background information is provided, sorry - but takes only seconds to look at those pics provided and should easily assure you that you've gotten exactly what was ordered. I've used B&H Photo several times and have been pleased as was Sly - but please post back after you've check the specs on your new iMac. Dave :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi again - well, hard to give a 'simple answer' when no background information is provided, sorry - but takes only seconds to look at those pics provided and should easily assure you that you've gotten exactly what was ordered. I've used B&H Photo several times and have been pleased as was Sly - but please post back after you've check the specs on your new iMac. Dave :)

Thanks Dave!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
With my new unit set to arrive tomorrow,

Hmmm…??? Wow…, who will be doing the delivery tomorrow assuming it will also be Boxing Day where you live. All those normal services are closed around here tomorrow.

Wouldn't want to have you expecting too much and getting disappointed. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

OP
S
Reaction score
Hmmm…??? Wow…, who will be doing the delivery tomorrow assuming it will also be Boxing Day where you live. All those normal services are closed around here tomorrow.

Wouldn't want to have you expecting too much and getting disappointed. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======
It will be UPS making the delivery! It is a normal work day for us! (UPS employee in Atlanta)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It will be UPS making the delivery! It is a normal work day for us! (UPS employee in Atlanta)

Yep - I get Amazon packages on Sunday (usually delivered by the USPS) and tomorrow LazyBoy is bringing me a new leather den recliner - good luck w/ your new computer. Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, both your USPS and US UPS seem to work the same days and that includes Boxing Day.

Not so in Canada:
In Canada, UPS small package operations observe the following holidays*:
New Year's Day - January 1, 2017 (Sunday) - UPS will be closed across Canada on Monday January 2.

Monday, December 25 Christmas Day
Christmas Day - December 25, 2017 (Monday) - UPS will be closed across Canada.
Boxing Day - December 26, 2017 (Tuesday) - UPS will be closed across Canada.

Canada Post will be closed on Monday, December 25 and Tuesday, December 26 for the holiday season, with no collection or delivery of mail on these days.

Enjoy that new Mac!!!

- Patrick
======

OP
S
Reaction score
Wow, both your USPS and US UPS seem to work the same days and that includes Boxing Day.
be honest.
Not so in Canada:

Enjoy that new Mac!!!

- Patrick
======
To be honest, I've never heard of Boxing Day!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I don't think I am alone in having never hearing of it here in America.

There's quite a lot that America hasn't heard of. We have to keep somethings to ourselves otherwise Trump will take the credit for them. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Sawday:

We're going to miss your sarcasm.... :Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's quite a lot that America hasn't heard of. We have to keep somethings to ourselves otherwise Trump will take the credit for them. :)

What is this "Trump" thing you talk about???

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
C'mon Patrick, don't lead him on. If he wants to express his dislike of our President, he can go over to MacRumors, join up and then post in the "Politics, Religion, and Social Issues forum. He'll have plenty of company there. Both Pro and Con.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C'mon Patrick, don't lead him on. If he wants to express his dislike of our President, he can go over to MacRumors, join up and then post in the "Politics, Religion, and Social Issues forum. He'll have plenty of company there. Both Pro and Con.

Hmmm…??? If I recall correctly that was just about every forum and thread over there but maybe things have improved a bit. I'll have to do some more perusing I guess.

Unfortunately that's about they way most Mac forums and threads ended up going over the years with just a few exceptions, even at our own Canadian http://www.ehmac.ca site. At least it saves me some reading and there sure seem to be lots of angry people out there, and yet have so much to be thankful for. Oh well…

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, it is too bad that friendly forums turn into flame throwing contests as soon as religion, politics, and other social issues are discussed. I don't know if you remember the old Usenet free forums that were once popular. They were unmoderated and you needed an asbestos suit to join. LOL. Needless to say, I avoided them like the plague.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.