• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Harry Potter Book

M

macguy.nielsen

I think the Harry Potter books are a great read for anybody of any age. They are very well written and an easy read.

I have always sided with Harry on his views about Snape. When I was reading the part when Harry was trying to attack Snape, I got so flustered that Harry couldn't hit him, GAH! Oh well I just got into a lot mainly cause he just killed my favorite character of the series! *sigh*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
chouk said:
i guess if i read the book, i'll miss 90% coz i'll be sleeping while reading. haha.
yeah. but it's true that the smart people are those who read.
Yeah - you'll never be president if you don't read, oh wait sorry.. forget it.

C

Cloudane

This board could really do with spoiler tags...

I've heard the theory a lot that when 'he' pleaded with 'him' it wasn't for his life... but actually pleading for him to take it and continue putting up the charade of being bad when he's actually a double double agent working for the good side all along. And the reason he'd always trusted him implicitly was because he'd made an unbreakable vow.

We'll see next book though :)

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
The way this book ended i think the next one is going to have to be over 1000 pages long. :)

Spoiler:

I think that Dumbledore was giving more of a command to be killed by snape. I don’t think that dumbledore is the kind of person to beg for his life. I also think that snape and Dumbledore were arguing (remember the woods) about what to do if a situation like that ever happpen. It would have been easyier to just let Dumbledore die when he destroyed the ring Hocrux. Snape could have left him die and said he was unable to save him from the magic of the ring.

Just my thoughts

K

kypris

Cloudane said:
This board could really do with spoiler tags...

I've heard the theory a lot that when 'he' pleaded with 'him' it wasn't for his life... but actually pleading for him to take it and continue putting up the charade of being bad when he's actually a double double agent working for the good side all along. And the reason he'd always trusted him implicitly was because he'd made an unbreakable vow.

We'll see next book though :)

Ooh ooh I sorta want to believe that because Snape is so awesomely evil yet cool... but you know, I don't even want to guess because chances are, I'll be wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.