• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

new apple ads, kinda enjoyed them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The Mojave Experiment commercials were a joke. Let's think about this critically:

You, an ordinary Joe are called to sit on a focus group for Microsoft. You sit down one-on-one with a friendly person who's going to demonstrate a new operating system. You've probably been selected for this group because you have a passing knowledge of computers, but are not what one would consider an expert. The demonstrator cherry picks all the coolest eye candy to display, along with a couple of programs and features that have been built into Windows in different incarnations since 3.1.

Are you really going to say to the person (again, one on one with no one else around) "Hey, ya know what? This SUCKS". No, you're probably going to say "Hey thanks for the cookies and the check for $50, this looks sweet - let me know when you have the next focus group".

Objective focus groups are done in a group setting, because people are far more apt to be critical if they are part of a group that is discussing a product - particularly one that they've been given to use hands-on.

Well, I guess you've never been involved in product testing, because that's pretty much what they do. And the idea that they won't say anything critical? Did you not see the ones where the people rated Vista with a big fat zero before they were shown the "new" operating system?? Seems like they didn't have any problem being critical to me.

Yes, maybe they weren't 100% objective and maybe there were some people who didn't like it, but guess what, THAT'S ADVERTISING!! Let's see if this rings a bell, "4 out of 5 doctors recommend X brand". All that means is they rounded up 4 doctors who like they're product to say they like it.

I honestly can't believe some people are complaining about MS ads with all the BS Apple spins. Apple ads are among the worst mud-slinging ads I've ever seen, including presidential campaign ads! Case in point is what people are saying about the "Vista is a bad word" ads. Clearly MS is not trying to avoid the name in ads. As a matter of fact, they're promoting it!! Nice one, Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Absolutely genius.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.