My UMAX 2400S Scanner Died! I need a SCANNER!!

Reaction score
I have a Beige Max G3 and I need a Scanner which will work with it. This is what my G3 looks like.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The best suggestion I have is to try to find another UMAX 2400S. That is not going to be easy. I did a search to see what was available and came up with a bunch of scanners that supposedly could replace it. They were either too expensive or likely would not work with your ancient G3.

Even eBay gave mixed results for different model UMAX scanners but nothing to replace your 2400S.

Sorry, I could not be of more help. Keep searching the web and eBay as you never know when something might be available. Also check Craig's List.

OP
J
Reaction score
The best suggestion I have is to try to find another UMAX 2400S. That is not going to be easy. I did a search to see what was available and came up with a bunch of scanners that supposedly could replace it. They were either too expensive or likely would not work with your ancient G3.

Even eBay gave mixed results for different model UMAX scanners but nothing to replace your 2400S.

Sorry, I could not be of more help. Keep searching the web and eBay as you never know when something might be available. Also check Craig's List.

Thank you for doing this.

Can my UMAX 2400S be repaired? If so, by who?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I checked around locally here in my home area (Dallas - Fort Worth) and there are numerous ads for various repair shops that can work on scanners. Check around your local area and see what you can come up with.

You might also want to perhaps attempt to repair it yourself. The iFixit site has a section on scanner repairs. Have a look:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.