My Switching Experience

Reaction score
Howdy yall,

Long time reader.....first time poster

I have no idea weather or not this post will help out anyone but i thought i would give my two cents anyway. I am a very recent Mac user. I actually still run windows on my desktop but i just bought a MacBook about a month ago. For the first few days eveything was going just fine there were no problems and i couldnt be happier with my new toy. Then it all came crashing down. While browsing online safari would "unexpectedly quit" so i would have to re-open it. Then it started to quit more and more frequently with no rhyme or reason. Then re-opening the program would no longer work and i would have to actually restart the computer. After that it started doing it to iTunes, iPhoto, Quicktime, and Garageband. I had to keep calling coustmer service and explaining the situation to them and over the course of a few weeks we tried to solve the problem but nothing seemed to work. They had me do a hardware test....nothing wrong. I verified and repaired permisions......didnt work. I reset and cleared the cache....no good. They walked me through the steps to delete certain files that they thought may be corrupt.......still didnt work. They had me create a "test user" account, during the next few days i had ZERO problems, so it proved that it wasnt system wide only something wrong in my admin account. Finally the solution was to do an Archive and Install. It took about an hour or so to complete the process and when it was done i thought that it had worked.....only for a few hours though. By now I am furious its only a 4 week old computer and i was having to many issues. Then i decided to download some of the software updates. BUt when i was trying to download them even that process was interupted and "quit unexpectedly" so i unchecked all but the OS X 10.4.10 and made it through that with no problem. Restarted. Finished the rest of the updates....no problem. Restarted one last time. Ever since then i have been running my programs flawlessly. My saving grace i believe was the 10.4.10 update. NOw i couldnt be any happier with my system. Sorry for the novel just trying to be as detailed as possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.