My MacBookPro and adding RAM

Reaction score
I have a 2010 13" MacBook Pro the guys at the Apple store tell me that I am using all my RAM for Mavericks and need to add some memory. I stop at Best Buy pick up a pair of 4gig cards and commence to watching a YouTube video about installing them. No Joy. The computer stops on the grey screen and the pinwheel quits. Thinking I may have a bad card I try one new one and one old one, starts up with either card in place and the computer recognizes 6 gigs of RAM, but won't start up with both new cards in place.
Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Return the RAM to Best Buy and order new sticks from Other World Computing. They specialize in Mac upgrades. Be sure to buy the sticks that are certified for your particular model. Also plan on replacing the ones you have, not just add more. It's best to always used matched sets of RAM sticks. Using modules from different manufacturers, even if specced the same, can sometimes be problematic.

OP
J
Reaction score
Owc ram

Easy, breezy, lemon squeezy!
OWC memory worked without a hitch!
Thanks Again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini 2.5 ghz i5, 16 GB RAM, 960 GB SSD + 500 GB HDD (5200 RPM)
Congrats on your upgrade! OWC is great for DIY projects. They release a lot of free videos on doing work on your Mac and also stock all the tools you need. I've used their parts in PCs before too. Good stuff very helpful customer service as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.