My iPod has problems!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Touch, MacBook Pro 15" i5
I have a iPod Touch 8GB which I got in May for my birthday, on the day My ipod dropped and had bad schraches but nothin happened but then august 8th My friend dropped it while on a climbing frame, and It has Problems Picking up Wi-Fi if u go into Settings- Wi-Fi You select the one im using but when i press home button it backs up and doesnt show youve got network and sometimes its shows up but it takes forever to do anything if its three bars???
HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
Thx
Missy D x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
Let's see... it has been dropped twice and now you're having WiFi issues. With all due respect Missy D, what is it you want one of us to do for you? If restoring your iPod does not help, then something internally has obviously been damaged. This appears to be the beginning of a very costly lesson to you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lots Of G3s. So What.
RE: It needs hardware repair.

I have a iPod Touch 8GB which I got in May for my birthday, on the day My ipod dropped and had bad schraches but nothin happened but then august 8th My friend dropped it while on a climbing frame, and It has Problems Picking up Wi-Fi if u go into Settings- Wi-Fi You select the one im using but when i press home button it backs up and doesnt show youve got network and sometimes its shows up but it takes forever to do anything if its three bars???
HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
Thx
Missy D x

Hello Missy D.

What exactly is a climbing frame? I recommend you do not let anybody else handle your ipod. Should others ask to "see" it, don't let them take it from your hands.

I think your ipod has been partially damaged since you did not mention any other issues with (screen is blank, etc) It seems that your WiFi antenna (it would use an antenna, Correct?) that is inside the ipod is loose. Look for somebody that is qualified to repair your ipod, I don't know anybody in The Mac Forums that is able to help you other than offer these types of suggestioins.

Hope this helps.
Have A Good Day.

OP
Missy D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank U! ummm theres nothing else wrong with it except that when I go on a random app sometimes its loading then automatically Backs out of it!!!

Reaction score
Thank U! ummm theres nothing else wrong with it except that when I go on a random app sometimes its loading then automatically Backs out of it!!!

Try this:

Hold down the Sleep/Power Off button at the top.
Once you see the "Slide to Power Off" at the top, push and hold the Home button (front bottom) for a few seconds until you see the Home Screen again.

This should reset anything that was running illegally in the background.

If the above doesn't work, reset the iPod.

Hold down the Sleep/Power Off button and the Home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo.

OP
Missy D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Let's see... it has been dropped twice and now you're having WiFi issues. With all due respect Missy D, what is it you want one of us to do for you? If restoring your iPod does not help, then something internally has obviously been damaged. This appears to be the beginning of a very costly lesson to you!

Just to see if there is any solutions you might suggest?

OP
Missy D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try this:

Hold down the Sleep/Power Off button at the top.
Once you see the "Slide to Power Off" at the top, push and hold the Home button (front bottom) for a few seconds until you see the Home Screen again.

This should reset anything that was running illegally in the background.

If the above doesn't work, reset the iPod.

Hold down the Sleep/Power Off button and the Home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo.

Thx will try

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.