• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

my company has no clue about black history.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
What we have to do is stop referring to people as African-American, or even American. Could you imagine a day when people are just referred to as people?

I agree, all of my family, both sides including my wife's come from Germany (that is why I drive VW 's and wish I could afford a Porsche) but we don't refer to ourselves as German Americans, we are just plain old "folks"!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Luckily for us if any topic gets too personal and messy there will always be a responsible administrator that will simply end the dispute with a lock :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
The American Experience

If you have ever watched the American Experience about Joe Louis, it is a very significant part of our history.
Joe Louis was the boxer who took the championship away from Max Schmeling. I am not a boxing fan, but you cannot be doing anything but cheering for Joe Louis when he is knocking out Max Schemling. It has something to do with seeing a person who is full of himself get beat up. May be it is just me.
It is a turning point in our history. And, I did not even have to mention what color the boxers or their boxing shorts were.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Like Joe Louis, Jesse Owens would be another one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
I sometimes propose that race may not exist in the capacity that we use it: biologically.

I agree. Most of the biological features of each individual culture is just eons of adaptation to whatever geographical area they settled in. The human race will evolve to best suit it's needs for survival, just like any other creature on the planet. The fact that most of our homes, workplaces, and vehicles are climate controlled means that we're not quite as exposed to the elements as our ancestors. It's not a far stretch to fathom that within a dozen or so generations, that we'll all be fairly homogenous in appearance.

At what point do they get to check off "African American" on the census, especially since they would have had nothing to do with Africa :p.

By direct definition Dave Matthews is an African American, but I don't think too many people would refer to him as such if asked to describe him. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.