• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My cat just farted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Keep them on the same diet

I learned from experience... Keep your pets on a steady diet and you will get rid of most "fumes". Giving them a treat is nice once in a while, but you have to put up with the consequences. When you are switching between two different kinds of food, start mixing them, by first adding a little bit of the new kind, then slowly decreasing the quantity of the old food. Hope to hear your good news soon! If this does not work, after it happens, just call up a person's name in the same room with disgust.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I learned from experience... Keep your pets on a steady diet and you will get rid of most "fumes". Giving them a treat is nice once in a while, but you have to put up with the consequences. When you are switching between two different kinds of food, start mixing them, by first adding a little bit of the new kind, then slowly decreasing the quantity of the old food. Hope to hear your good news soon! If this does not work, after it happens, just call up a person's name in the same room with disgust.

Great Advice!! That's what I did when I switched Twinky(my cat) to her new food Nutro Natual Balance.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
totally agree with johntalin.

also make sure its a decent food, don't just get the cheapie stuff at the grocery store (meow mix et al)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
totally agree with johntalin.

also make sure its a decent food, don't just get the cheapie stuff at the grocery store (meow mix et al)

yup, the bad stuff=meow mix, 9 lives, iams, friskies.. etc...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yep.

i used to buy science diet for my cats which they thrived on, but have switched to "nutro" a couple years ago, which is supposed to be as good if not better.

i also switched within the last couple months to the diet nutro since the kitten is getting pretty chunky. though all it seems to have done is make her poop stinkier, but it does remind me to clean the litterbox more frequently!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
haha i <3 science diet

Reaction score
Our 2 dogs diet

We feed our 2 dogs nothing but fresh oxtail, lamb necks, beef bones, chicken necks/wings/drumsticks, the pulp from juiced raw vegies like; silverbeet, carrot, beans, capsicum, tomato, pumpkin, zucchini, celery etc. We mix it up with mince meat and add a small amount of olive oil, kelp powder & brewers yeast. Also they eat kidney & eggs and chew on bones.

We do this because these days dogs are well know for having skin problems and cancer. 50 odd years ago this was not so prevalent as dogs lived on table-scraps and bones.

We feed them the pulp of raw vegies because in the wild, a dog always went for the stomach contents of it's prey first, and so would have a softer meal of digested grasses, internal organs. The pulped raw vegies (after being put through the juicer) are the closest thing to this that we can give them.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
wow pulse-8... that is hardcore!

i guess i could feed my cats rabbits squirrels and birds, but that just may cause a lot of additional problems... :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow pulse-8... that is hardcore!

i guess i could feed my cats rabbits squirrels and birds, but that just may cause a lot of additional problems... :p

x2

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters. (??)

Reaction score
... actually ... I forgot to say ... my partner is the driving force there, she is really motivated and as a result our vet declared that she had never seen a 5 yo dog with such good teeth ... so, my contribution is I just do all the scooping ... 2 little dogs can sure keep me busy ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2.16 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 100 GB Harddrive | Power Mac G4 Dual 500 MHz 160 GB Harddrive
My cats have never farted but my dog is very old and when she farts, she has no idea what is going on and runs away. My dog is scared of her own farts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
I just realised that when I wrote about Netty sitting in Jenny, hugging Maccy for warmth (Maccy can get quite hot) while eating Posole, I forgot to mention Mr. Pink ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just realised that when I wrote about Netty sitting in Jenny, hugging Maccy for warmth (Maccy can get quite hot) while eating Posole, I forgot to mention Mr. Pink ...

Oh yeah you did! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.