Mulling over the first Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 iMac, 1.8, 1 Gig, airport// G4 PowerMac w/Apple LCD, 12" G4 PowerBook, G3 Clamshell
I've been looking at the same two Macs...and I'm just as confused! Seems like there are advantages to both.....

OP
J

Jason

wvmac said:
I've been looking at the same two Macs...and I'm just as confused! Seems like there are advantages to both.....
The main reason I was considering the iBook is the price, plus it's a 14" screen. Although it's a slick looking laptop, I would just rather have the faster hardware. I wasn't sure if I could deal with a small 12" screen, but after seeing one at the Apple store, I think I can deal with it after all, especially since it's a full-size keyboard (I have big hands lol).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
instead of looking at it like that, "a 32mb vid card is riciculous", look at it like this. u can pay 2k for a windows laptop with integrated graphics.

OP
J

Jason

Well I took the plunge last night at the Apple store and took home a 12" PB SuperDrive :D I'm very impressed so far! So are my coworkers lol

Expose beats the living crap out of alt+tab!

OP
D

Dookie

Macman said:
the 12" actually that small eith, just change the screen resolution and you have the same amount as screen real estate as the 14".

Can you change the resolution of the 12" pb any higher then 1024 x 768? Cause in the preferences menu, the max I can go is 1024 x 768. Just wondering.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
Meyvn said:
Well, I asked around and I was told that just RAM does not void AppleCare. HDD most likely does. It's incredibly easy to do. I just used this little step-by-step guide on PBfixit! or whatever it's called. It took about fifteen minutes total. The only annoying thing is getting a #0 screwdriver.

i don't know what PBfixit is, but the book that my ibook came with gave detailed instructions on how to add ram.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.