Mr. Moore from Anchorage, KY… Missing a receipt?

Reaction score
Well, it appears that I have it!
mathews_shock.gif

Maybe it's not that big of a deal, but with all the concerns about identity theft, etc., seems that people might not like how easy it is for Apple to send someone else's product info to the wrong person. I received this in my e-mail box this around lunch time, after receiving a notice that I had apparently made a Genius Bar appointment for today at an Apple Store 230 miles from me that I've never visited.
mathews_hmmm.gif

I called both Applecare and the Oxmoor store to let them know of the problem (in case "Mr Moore" was expecting to have his receipt e-mailed to him). The young lady from Applecare was very nice and not pleased that this happened, but essentially said there was nothing she could do, but that it would be nice if I would call the store and let them know (not sure why SHE couldn't do that, but I was more than happy to do so). So, I called Oxmoor and the guy I talked to seemed completely unconcerned.

Maybe the info isn't that big of a deal, but the receipt does contain both the serial number of the 'broken' iPhone AND the serial # and IMEI number of the phone he just received. Seems like in the wrong hands that could at least create some serious frustration. I did my part to let them know, so hopefully Mr. Moore gets any receipt he needs…
mathews_dontknow.gif

applecare_receipt_not_mine.gif

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Unfortunately this happens all the time. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten people's receipts, statements, insurance papers and all sorts of things at my GMail account. I've contacted the sender and they usually say that they can't do anything about and that I should just delete the e-mail...

That, of course, means that my information could be heading off to someone who might not have the right scruples to just delete sensitive information and let it be..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.