• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

More Apple Tablet Rumors

Reaction score
Rumors are rumors, and I really do not believe that list. Unless Apple is competing with other computer manufacturers in the AT&T realm, which would make sense if the device were to use 3G cellular network, I don't see that device making it. I mean, Apple is great with software, and the iPhone OS and Mac OS X are examples. But personally, using the iPhone OS on a 10 inch screen would look impratical if you were to imagine it at first. Mac OS X would look better. By the way, anybody have any clues as to what the next big cat in the OS will be? I'm thinking Lion.

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
another update: From TUAW Some of it makes me wonder because of Microsoft's announcement with the Courier I think next spring we will see what happens but if these are all true it might be an exciting time. I know I am giddy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G4 10.3.9 (10.4.7?) iMac intel 10.4.11 (10.6.0) Macbook intel 10.6.0 iBook G4 10.4.11
It's probably very expencize. I would stick with your macbook or iMac and upgrade to Leopard or Snow lEOPARD

Reaction score
Ugh. No, wrong again Microsoft!

The oversized stylus is getting old now..at least in the eyes of an iPod touch owner.

Knowing Apple, the "tablet" they [might] be coming out with is going to have a touch based system using a finger, not an easily-lost stylus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz 8GB 2TB, 30" Cinema Display, 3 iPads, 2 iMacs, HP Touchsmart, MBP 2.66 GHz
I would love to have a large Touch screen tablet. I think its a great idea and Apple should def. start producing it. I'd buy one before Christmas as a present for myself;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
No use for a tablet here. It's neither hot nor cold...

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
No use for a tablet here. It's neither hot nor cold...

I do like the idea, but realistically how many people are really going to need or want one?

The only people that would probably really consider one would be digital artist. Marketing to such a small user group isn't exactly going to pull in the big bucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
I would buy an apple tablet in a heartbeat. I want it to surf the web and read pdf books. basically I want an kindle or better thats in color with web surfing.

Reaction score
I'd buy it..only if it had Mac OS X on it, or some Apple developed OS with Safari and some sort of widgets like feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I do like the idea, but realistically how many people are really going to need or want one?

The only people that would probably really consider one would be digital artist. Marketing to such a small user group isn't exactly going to pull in the big bucks.

This is how I'm starting to see it. The more I think about how I would use it every day, where I would use, and why, it all just seems to be almost pointless, I might as well carry my MacBook with me. My average day would not require a tablet, so yes, it just wouldn't be practical.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
This is how I'm starting to see it. The more I think about how I would use it every day, where I would use, and why, it all just seems to be almost pointless, I might as well carry my MacBook with me. My average day would not require a tablet, so yes, it just wouldn't be practical.

Yes I agree. Not having a physical keyboard is a deal breaker for me. I don't want to have to rely on hand writing recognition software or having to push buttons on a screen.

That's way tedious and not practical for typing a paper or something longer than a paragraph.

Reaction score
Yes I agree. Not having a physical keyboard is a deal breaker for me. I don't want to have to rely on hand writing recognition software or having to push buttons on a screen.

That's way tedious and not practical for typing a paper or something longer than a paragraph.

The way I see it, 10" tablet would just be a glorified iPhone/iPod touch type of thing. Not particularly designed for long pieces to be written etc. Just to have a bigger screen for movies and games or browsing.

Reaction score
I enjoy the ease of browsing and using the touch screen of my iphone, but I doubt I would use a 10'' tablet for anything for which a 13'' macbook wouldn't be more useful. I also immagine it would be somewhat awkward to handle, so big and such. You can't place it on your lap, like a laptop, without having to bend over totally or have the screen be total horizontally. I'd also want a version of Mac OS X on it.
I can't imagine playing many games on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
The way I see it, 10" tablet would just be a glorified iPhone/iPod touch type of thing. Not particularly designed for long pieces to be written etc. Just to have a bigger screen for movies and games or browsing.

Errr, yeah that's kind of the DEFINITION of a tablet....thanks Cap'n Obvious!!

:D

I would prefer one over a laptop for coffee shop surfing, emails, multimedia etc - just not for true work. Also having a stylus to make pointing easier could be good...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
^It would not have to use an iTouch-like interface. The tablets could just as easily use the standard installation of Mac OS X.

Reaction score
I would though buy a mac tablet if it had a version of Mac OS X, a usb port, bluetooth AND if it were under €1000. EDIT: oh and WIFi of course...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.