Mobile Me Cal sync to iphone

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
Windows is not my forte anymore, so I'm totally guessing, but having just done tonight a presentation on MobileMe, I notice that Apple expects you to sync the calendar to one on your computer. So you need to have it sync to Outlook's Calendar as its "base" in order to do device-to-cloud-to-base. If you don't have Outlook installed, that would explain the messages you are getting.

You might also check Apple's support forums on this topic.

That could be a point, I have no outlook Calendar anymore, not for a couple of years or so. For a while now I have worked solely with a gmail account calendar.

In your opinion, do you think every thing will sync correctly when I go back to Mac, using the iCal for a fresh start and mail on Snow Leopard.

So Mac - iCal - iPhone will be the answer ????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
That could be a point, I have no outlook Calendar anymore, not for a couple of years or so. For a while now I have worked solely with a gmail account calendar.

In your opinion, do you think every thing will sync correctly when I go back to Mac, using the iCal for a fresh start and mail on Snow Leopard.

So Mac - iCal - iPhone will be the answer ????

That is a resounding YES !

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
But you don't use it ;D

I did for the 90 day trial and it worked flawlessly . I just decided that I had no need to sync contacts and iCal while away from my computer during the day.
So for me it just didn't represent a good reason to spend the $100 dollars. I just sync with my Macbook every night for calendar and I use gmail IMAP with the apple mail app. So my email is always up to-date.

Clay

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
I did for the 90 day trial and it worked flawlessly . I just decided that I had no need to sync contacts and iCal while away from my computer during the day.
So for me it just didn't represent a good reason to spend the $100 dollars. I just sync with my Macbook every night for calendar and I use gmail IMAP with the apple mail app. So my email is always up to-date.

Clay

Fair enough, I have to agree that the gmail and imap is great, though I have yet to try it with apple mac mail app. Like you say whether it's worth the cash outlay is debatable?

Going back to the cal, I found this morning if I put an event on the iPhone cal and then open up me.com > calendar the event has sync'd. I guess it will just not work the otherway around, pc-me.com cal to iphone?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorted at last only when I finally got the Mac though.

Follow this if you have the same issue iPhone/iPod touch: Resolving duplicates and removing all contacts/calendars/bookmarks with MobileMe

Then open Applications>iSync select iSync menu Preferences, wait for the Reset Sync History button to change from grayed out to active, then click it. Then try sync again.

Everything sync-ing and mirroring each other.

Thanks for everyones input.

Now only if I can sort the issue of when I have read an e-mail in Mail it still shows (indicates) an unread e-mail on the iPhone, and I have to open the said e-mail on the iPhone to get rid of the New Mail indication??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.