Miscellaneous Glitches/Setting changes?

Reaction score
All of a sudden, I can only switch back and forth between open windows on my screen, or bring an open document to the front, by clicking the title bar of the document, rather than anywhere on the document.

Also, in Word, double-clicking the word does not highlight it anymore. I have to drag my cursor over the letters of the word to select it. I have verified that Click & Type is enabled.

I also can only edit the header/footer in Word by going to Document Elements, insert header/footer, even if I have already added a header /footer into the document. I used to be able to double-click in the header/footer area to edit it.

Please let me know if it's an update by Apple (I have not yet downloaded OS X Yosemite), or if I inadvertently changed some setting.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 12.31.13 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, Apple does not provide updates to Word, Microsoft is responsible for that. I just opened several Word documents and went through what you stated, and everything is working as it should here. I don't know why Word is not responding the way it's supposed to unless something has become corrupt.

It appears from your screen shot that you have multiple documents opened all at the same time. I would recommend not having any more than two or three opened at once especially if your Mac does not have enough memory.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.