Mirror TV to Macbook Air (or Pad)

Cur

Reaction score
My wife is visually impaired and cannot see our TV (65") from her normal sitting position. I would like her to be able to watch simultaneoiusly on a Macbook Air (or iPad) the same TV program that I am watching on our "big" TV. In other words I want to "reverse mirror" the Macbook and the TV.

Is there a way to do that? Thanks for your thoughts.

Bob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Not normally. However, do you have a cable TV setup? If so, does the cable company have streaming of on-air TV? There will be a small delay for the streaming, but it would at least let her share with you.

OP
C

Cur

Reaction score
Not normally. However, do you have a cable TV setup? If so, does the cable company have streaming of on-air TV? There will be a small delay for the streaming, but it would at least let her share with you.
Thanks Jake. I want to do this for a satellite TV connection in our travel trailer. So rather than getting another smaller TV for the trailer I thought maybe our MBA would meet her needs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Well, see if your satellite provider has an online service that you can stream. Right now I'm watching a baseball game on TV and streaming a hockey match on my MBP, and on another screen typing this. I can multiprocess!

OP
C

Cur

Reaction score
Well, see if your satellite provider has an online service that you can stream. Right now I'm watching a baseball game on TV and streaming a hockey match on my MBP, and on another screen typing this. I can multiprocess!
At home I tried exactly that, streaming and watching live on our TV but the lag (latency?) between the two was terrible. So I switched to a wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver arrangement and that works great (but a little spendy!)

Bob

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.