mini display port to mini dvi adapter

OP
P
Reaction score
Follow up on above thread...I attached my computer (MACPRO) with the HDMI to the TV, and the RCA (red and white) cables for audio from the TV to an adapter to the MAC earphones port. This worked with my old macbook ,but it wasn't HDMI...it was all RCA. I choose HDMI on the TV menu and can see video, but no audio with the RCA connection. Any thoughts on how to get audio?

OP
P
Reaction score
I have the mdp--HDMI cable from Other World Computing and have just been using the audio on the computer, for now. The more problematic issue is the blue screen that appears frequently enough and for long enough to make viewing unpleasant. Sound continues unscathed on the computer. This is the second cable, as OWC sent me another one thinking perhaps the first was malfunctioning.

I have heard something about this blue screen, but not certain if it applies to my situation. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.