Migration Assistant from Snow Leopard to Yosemite - will FCP7 still work?

Reaction score
Hi, i'm considering using Migration Assistant from Snow Leopard to Yosemite. I've never used this before, but i have a separate partition on my MBP hard drive with Yosemite set up on it.

Will FCP7 still work with this method?

Or do i need to fully re-install all of the FCP7 discs while using my Yosemite start up disk? It would take up twice as much space, as i already have it fully installed on my Snow Leopard (main) partition.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Any advice would be appreciated.

If you have already set up and used Yosemite with your old username but didn't use Migration Assistant, I would suggest you start over again.

Assuming you want to use your Snow Leopard username and all associated passwords, registrations etc., you need to use Migration Assistant immediately after installing Yosemite.
Then everything should work just as it did for you when using Snow Leopard.

And yes, Final Cut Pro 7 will work in Yosemite according to this site:
https://roaringapps.com/apps?index=a

PS: I don't know about Final Cut Pro 7 and how it would behave, but many Applications prefer or just work better when installed and used on the boot drive.
You can always delete it if the other one works well and you are short of drive space.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.