• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Microsoft employees hide their Apple iPhones from managers LMAO

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Agree 100% with the above. If the MS employees thought the products they work on to make are the best they'd own no other. But cause they use their competitiors products, maybe without knowing it, they are admitting hey Apple can make a product I like better than I and the people ad MS can.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.5Ghz C2D 4GB 500GB Seagate 7200RPM / 15" Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 2GB 160GB Seagate 5400rpm
I see where you're coming with the other ones but that one is a little harder to enforce or "encourage". A coke or a lunch are temporary in terms of the course of a regular day. Cars on the other hand last a lot longer. I'm sure there are many GM employees driving non-GM cars and I'm sure there's not much the company says. ;)

Loyalty at the big three is actually a pretty big thing. If you work at Ford, you drive a Ford. Each company provides employee pricing and financing to ensure that their brand is represented by their employees. Remember how Henry Ford paid all of his employees $5 an hour back in 1903 in order for them to be able to drive a Ford? Still applies.

Heck, it goes so far that even if you just live in Detroit or the surrounding areas you do not drive foreign at all. It's just considered bad form.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
It has nothing to do with expecting loyalty and everything to do with image. If a company cannot even convince it's own employees that its products are the best, then how can consumers have any confidence in them?

Incidentally, I am sure if Jobs saw someone wandering around the Apple campus with a Dell or a Nexus on, the proverbial would hit the fan quick enough.

I don't think Jobs would see anyone around campus with a Dell or a Nexus.... especially not a Dell!
Once you've have a Mac you don't look back :D

Reaction score
haha, i remember when the zune came out, they had a place to recycle your ipod at the microsoft offices

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
If you've ever worked in the corporate world...especially for large consumer products companies...they are VERY loyal to their own brands...and VERY "anti" their competitor brands.

Examples:

- No Coke at Pepsi (no Pepsi at Coke)
- No Maxwell House Coffee if you work for P&G (former owner of Folgers)
- No Burger King at McDonald's
- No Pizza Hut at Domino's
- and the list goes on & on

I'm not sure how things are these days...but I would guess driving a GM vehicle at Ford would probably not be "encouraged"!;)

The whole philosophy is loyalty to your company & brands...even if the competition may be better.

Still pretty funny about folks at Microsoft hiding their iPhones!:) A cell phone is really not something you can leave at home so your co-workers don't see it.

- Nick

My last girlfriend's dad was a "real Americans buy American cars" kind of guy. He hated the fact I drove an Acura. I let him drive it for a day - not sure why I did.
A year later he bought a an Acura TL. O:)

I was also kicked off a Ford dealership lot when I was waiting for my uncle to pick up his Explorer from service. A couple in their early 20's asked what kind of car it was (big red two door coupe - hard to miss) so I told them. Then I gave them directions to Piazza Acura of Reading. A big fat Bogg Hogg type guy came out and started yelling. I laid some rubber down... Joke was on me because I got a visit from a Berks County police officer later that day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.