Microsoft Access

Reaction score
I'm trying to install Microsoft Access on an iMac

I installed the latest Parallels and Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I copied all the files from a Office 2013 Pro plus 64bit CD to my usb stick and clicked the setup but I got a message that the setup can't start and if you downloaded the files, try to redownload them.....

I checked the files on my Windows 7 PC and didn't have a problem

Is it possible to install Microsoft Access on iMac?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm trying to install Microsoft Access on an iMac

I copied all the files from a Office 2013 Pro plus 64bit CD to my usb stick and clicked the setup but I got a message that the setup can't start and if you downloaded the files, try to redownload them.....

One thing you didn't tell us is…what model iMac do you have? Is it an newer model iMac without a CD/DVD drive? If so…my first thought is that maybe you NEED to use the original Office 2013 install CD for the install to work properly.

If the iMac has no CD/DVD drive…you either have to purchase an external drive…or maybe there's a workaround on the internet for this. But usually Microsoft is pretty strict with their security measures…so maybe you must use the disk for the install.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
it's an iMac that was bought new in December 2014 and it has no CD/DVD

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Nick is correct. You're running up against Microsoft Copy Protection. You can not clone the files from the Office CD to USB as that will not work. You're either going to have to download an official iso from Microsoft and use your product ID SN to activate it, or buy an external optical drive. The Microsoft Recovery iso downloads are free as long as you have your product ID SN.

OP
M
Reaction score
So i should get a iso and load it inside windows with a virtual cd software like alcohol 120% ?

OP
M
Reaction score
I have a legal copy of office...the problem is I don't have a CD/DVD drive...

C

chas_m

In that case, take Charlie's advice and contact Microsoft about downloading the ISO for free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.