MBP beachballs alot, how do i fix that?

OP
Reaction score
I don't think you understand - this is a hardware problem, not a software problem. Your computer has a device inside of it called a hard drive (it's a small tin-shaped device, about the size of a deck of cards). Hard drives are mechanical in nature and therefore prone to failure. If the machine is under warranty, Apple should replace the hard drive free of charge. If it's out of warranty, you'll need to replace it yourself.

They won't replace the entire machine just because the hard drive failed. It's a very common point of failure (it's not actually made by Apple, but one of several different companies that specializes in hard drives). You can run all the repairs you want, but it's just delaying the inevitable - eventually the machine just won't boot.

Like I mentioned, if it's under warranty, it shouldn't take your local Apple Store more than 30 minutes to replace right there in-store. And if you have a good backup, I would bring it with you so that they can put it right back the way it was prior to the drive failing.

I would also recommend running the Apple Hardware Test before you take it in - this should yield an error code, which they'll want. That will save you some headache in that you won't have to mess around with troubleshooting steps over the phone.

Here's how to run the AHT:

Intel-based Macs: Using Apple Hardware Test
Gotcha, and yea its still under warranty. I'll keep ya posted

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.