Mass File Management - About to switch back...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
had similar issues, tried automator - which does indeed like to completely ignore file name order.

renamer4mac was the program i found that did everything i needed to do and more, and it's free and very easy to use.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" 2.16GHz Core Duo MBP 2GB RAM 100GB HDD 256MB Video Ram
had similar issues, tried automator - which does indeed like to completely ignore file name order.

renamer4mac was the program i found that did everything i needed to do and more, and it's free and very easy to use.

Same issue as with using A Better Finder's renamer or using Automator to do the renaming - you can't visually arrange the pictures for renaming, which is a vital part of what I need.

Cool little program though, so thanks!

Reaction score
newmacmike, have you tried the applescript that comes pre-scripted with your mac?

Firstly you need to enable the scripts as per this:

http://www.apple.com/ca/pro/tips/applescript.html

Then click on the AppleScript icon in the far right of the menu bar and select Finder Scripts>Replace Text in Item Names.

I know this issue is unresolved and you have had a lot of advice, but I thought you might like to know of this. I don't know if it will do all of your intended actions but I sure do hope it will!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.