• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Man Thread

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Offers a manly hug from across the pond :'(

manly hug accepted...

would that be a gangsta sort of close handshake with a little fist pounding on the others' back, or is that like group of men crying and howling in the woods sort of hug?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.
manly hug accepted...

would that be a gangsta sort of close handshake with a little fist pounding on the others' back, or is that like group of men crying and howling in the woods sort of hug?

Start off gangsta, end up blubbing! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
This thread is useless without beer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
In that case, who else brews? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I had to kick the door to my house open Thanksgiving night after some one ran into my townhouse with a BMW. Then I was drinking Wild Turkey 101 and Beer while the cops were investigating.

Everyone should try the most manliest shot ever; the angry pirate!

One shot of tequila
One lime slice
Some salt

Snort salt
Drink tequila
Squeeze lime in eye
Say Arrrrrgh!!!!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
isn't that how Chevy Chase did it in caddyshack?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I had to kick the door to my house open Thanksgiving night after some one ran into my townhouse with a BMW. Then I was drinking Wild Turkey 101 and Beer while the cops were investigating.

Everyone should try the most manliest shot ever; the angry pirate!

One shot of tequila
One lime slice
Some salt

Snort salt
Drink tequila
Squeeze lime in eye
Say Arrrrrgh!!!!

I am totally doing this next time I go out with the guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I had girl problems so I took care of them the manly way.

Who remembers the episode of 'Everybody Loves R.....' when Raymond left for a dinner function alone at 6 pm sharp when his wife Debra wasn't quite ready because her hair was caught in the heated tongs? Now that was really manly!
[I remember best though Raymond's male friends at the party being in absolute awe of him, while he, after 30 minutes or so, was beginning to have some very serious doubts.]

In real life - years ago I witnessed a teenage hockey goal keeper head the ball away - without a helmet on. He went down like a pole-axed steer, but no way was he going to let that ball get past him. That was tough and manly. It was also insane.

Yeah, to cry at Old Yeller is compulsory - and very, very manly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
This reminds me of a feminist meeting at my Art college back in the day. They used to put up posters advertising the fem meet so that woman could meet up and talk left wing politics and feminist issues.

Someone (it wasn't me) put up a set of rival posters announcing a men's meeting.

It said that the men should gather in the TV room at a set time with snacks and beer and talk about girls and football, not so bad....

... but the posters had a footnote "PS: We just need one woman to tidy up afterwards"

Boy, the head of the feminist meeting ( a Lecturer) did not see the funny side and went round the campus ripping every men's meet poster off the walls

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Q. How many men does it take to change a light bulb?
A. Just one, and in that order.

Q. How many feminists does it take to change a light bulb?
A. As many as it takes, that's how many, and I do not find your male, sexist question and its inherent implication amusing!!!

Reaction score
what the heck do I do now? I just got my undergrad degree in technology education and have no job lined up. This past week has been so boring/stressful (getting resumes/cover letters done, applying for jobs, living at home again, having absolutely no responsability...) ahh, this sucks. what do you all suggest I do until I find a job.

And to top it off, the thing I enjoy most, fishing, is pretty much over for me until may when it starts to warm up. I have no other hobbies!

OP
Eric559
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
what the heck do I do now? I just got my undergrad degree in technology education and have no job lined up. This past week has been so boring/stressful (getting resumes/cover letters done, applying for jobs, living at home again, having absolutely no responsability...) ahh, this sucks. what do you all suggest I do until I find a job.

And to top it off, the thing I enjoy most, fishing, is pretty much over for me until may when it starts to warm up. I have no other hobbies!

Fishing is very manly. I give you a manly handshake for that.

Do you have a lady? You can do her until you find a job. Very manly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I am having a cheap wedding..manly?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
manly in terms of a wedding could be defined one of two ways:

1) force her to elope.

2) be enough of a man to earn enough that she can have any sort of wedding she wants and would be afraid to ask you to do too much for fear of just saying "forget it, i'm outta here".

or there's the wuss way (read: actual real man - not "man show" man). work with her, and within your means to provide a pleasant and memorable experience for you two and your loved ones. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.

No ice fishing?

$40, County Courthouse :D

Other than typoing my wifes first name, it's just as legal :eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.