Mail preferences

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.7 GHz 12GB Ram Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB
When I select Server Settings in Mail>Preferences>Accounts I don't get any incoming or outgoing information.
All articles about changing mail passwords show many boxes of information should be shown here.
I am running MacOS 10.13.6
Is there something else I should be doing to get a complete display of options/information?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@ceport

Don't you see something like this?

S1.jpg

I have, as you see, two accounts. For each one there is the option to choose Account Information, Mailbox Behaviours and Server Settings. Perhaps a screenshot of what you see would help.

Ian

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@ceport

Don't you see something like this?

View attachment 34636

I have, as you see, two accounts. For each one there is the option to choose Account Information, Mailbox Behaviours and Server Settings. Perhaps a screenshot of what you see would help.

Ian
Yes, All I have is iCloud as the account but the Account Information looks like what you show.
It's when I select Server Settings that I don't get what the articles about changing server settings show.
Here is what I get:
Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 3.18.26 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Yes, All I have is iCloud as the account but the Account Information looks like what you show.
It's when I select Server Settings that I don't get what the articles about changing server settings show.
Here is what I get:
View attachment 34637
That is correct. For the iCloud account, the settings for servers are set by Apple, so once you log in, the system uses what Apple sets up. No settings for you at your end (or mine, as it looks exactly like yours for that account).

So, is there an issue with your iCloud email that we can assist, or were you just curious?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That is correct. For the iCloud account, the settings for servers are set by Apple, so once you log in, the system uses what Apple sets up. No settings for you at your end (or mine, as it looks exactly like yours for that account).

So, is there an issue with your iCloud email that we can assist, or were you just curious?
I was trying to set up Thunderbird mail client on Ubuntu and it fails signing in to the Apple server.
"User or Password or server configuration is wrong" is the response, but I know the User and Password is correct because I can sign into iCloud mail with them. The server config needs incoming and outgoing server msmes and ports. I tried both SSL and TSL combos but to no avail.
I wanted to see what the server config was on Mac Mail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.