Mail is showing duplicated incoming messages !

Reaction score
Duplicate emails

I have no .com.Apple.Mail.plist. I looked under HD, users, library and there are a lot of other plists but none for mail.

Is there another way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.93 GHz - 10.6.8
Recently I just started receiving Duplicate E-mail Messages .....

Mail 4.6, Snow Leopard 10.6.8, MacPro 4.1

For quite some time I was not receiving Duplicate Messages, but now it's happening again. Only a few days ago, I deleted the Plist, but obviously that did not help.

Reaction score
Duplicates in Inbox

I suddenly got duplicates in my inbox a couple of days ago – not all of them, only emails received in the last month were duplicated. Switching off then on again made no difference, this morning they were still there, but suddenly they disappeared. They went as mysteriously as they arrived!
Maybe just leave your machine to sort itself out?

Reaction score
Duplicate Mail

My OS 10.6.1 mail is now showing duplicate incoming messages ( MS. Exchange account)bearing same time/date stamp !!

anyone else going through same experience?

I'm unable to locate the file called <com.Apple.Mail.plist> Any suggestions?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you are using a recent version of OS X the library folder is hidden, The Apple Mail plist is on one of the subfolders. See here for directions on how to unhide the Library folder. The Mail plist is in the Preferences folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.