Magic Trackpad 2 battery running down?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I have had the Trakcpad 2 for about a year now. It's on our mid 2010 PBP 13 running El Capitan. Due to lazy/bad memory/old age (me that is!) we forget to turn it off, but even although that is the case the battery has been lasting for anything up to 3 weeks or a month. A few days ago I had an indication of 'low battery' and plugged it in to recharge. This morning I had an indication of 'battery empty'.

This is quite a sudden change and has anyone any idea if it's indicating a failing battery? If so, is it possible to change the battery?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey John, since you have a talent for repairing things, take a look at this ifixit teardown of the Magic Trackpad 2 to replace the battery:

LINK

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Hi Chas and a very happy new year to you and all the other guys on here!!

I had a gander at that video earlier on and frightened the 'merde' out of myself! It seems that one step away from a chain saw (buzz saw to you lot that side of the pond?) to get it apart?

It's fully charged again now, so I'll see how it goes? Perhaps I screwed up the last charge, PLEASE!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.