Magic Keyboard won’t type certain characters on my computer

Reaction score
(Forgive me if this is the wrong place to put this, I’m new here)

So my magic keyboard was working fine on my computer until an hour ago. It won’t type ‘U, I, O, J, K, L, M, 7, 8, 9, .’ I have connected it to my iPad and it worked perfectly.
Doesn’t help that two days ago, my mouse wasn’t preforming as well as it normally does. I felt like I had to drag it constantly across the pad to get it to where I wanted it the cursed to go. It also kept enlarging the curser.
And today, I couldn’t log into my computer, it wouldn’t accept my password and I had to shut the computer down.

I don’t really know what to do, maybe it’s end of the mouse and keyboard, or maybe it’s more sinister. I don’t know. If anyone could help me that would be great

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

First thing to do is substitute another keyboard and mouse for use on your computer. Any wired keyboard (even a Windows keyboard) will be okay. A wired mouse also should be used.

We are assuming that your Magic Keyboard is fully charged (or new batteries) depending on which model you have.

It also helps us greatly that when you post a question we know which Mac you have (model and year), and what version of macOS it's running.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.