Macs are too expensive? Make them cheaper more people will Switch

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
macanal said:
I mean G4 is very old technology wasn’t the G4 around when the Pentium III was out?

The PIII core is still out, they just bolted on new memory management and renamed it the 'M'. Yonah was just a few small changes and a move to 65nm production, the Duo is just the Yonah renamed.

So basically the Duo is a couple of 32 bit PIIIs with some power management and 64 bit memory interface.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Amen-Moses said:
The PIII core is still out, they just bolted on new memory management and renamed it the 'M'. Yonah was just a few small changes and a move to 65nm production, the Duo is just the Yonah renamed.

So basically the Duo is a couple of 32 bit PIIIs with some power management and 64 bit memory interface.

Amen-Moses

Now I've heard it all!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Hey, don't knock the PIII. We've still got about four of them in our front office. The darn things were always better then any of our P4 machines. They've been running for several years without problems. Based on that, I think I'd prefer a chip based on a p3 over one based on a p4 :) P4s were nothing but designs made to jack up the MHz for marketing purposes. Why do you think intel is in the process of dumping them?

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
macanal said:
Now I've heard it all!!

You sound doubtful grasshopper. :ninja:

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.