Macbook won't charge... HELP!

Reaction score
My macbook refuses to charge, I was told to download Coconutbattery, and this is what it told me, can anyone help?

2hn8l7t.png

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
We probably could use a lot more information....but the first thing that sticks out to me is the number of battery "loadcycles". At 945...this is well beyond the approximately 300 loadcycles Apple suggests you should expect from a laptop battery for this vintage MacBook:

Apple Portables: Determining Battery Cycle Count

With this being said (and with the info provided so far)...I would say that your battery is "shot"...and you need a new one.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Ahh, I didn't realise how many cycles it should of done, Think I am about due a new battery then, Thanks alot :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ahh, I didn't realise how many cycles it should of done, Think I am about due a new battery then, Thanks alot :)

If you get a new battery...please let us know if it solves the problem.:)

Thanks,

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi sorry for the delay, I got a new battery, but it was a replica from ebay, I'd advice against them, as now my macbook is refusing to turn on, and a guy who I rang for advice seem to think it may be the power source could of blown something inside, so i'd advise on spending money for an official one.

Brett.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi sorry for the delay, I got a new battery, but it was a replica from ebay, I'd advice against them, as now my macbook is refusing to turn on, and a guy who I rang for advice seem to think it may be the power source could of blown something inside, so i'd advise on spending money for an official one.

Brett.

Sorry to hear about that. If you get a genuine Apple battery...please let us know if that solves the charging problem.:)

Thanks,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.