Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I'm a Mac convert from 3 years ago though I have to use Windows Vista at work. The big thing that sold me about getting a Mac was that I could have a Windows partition via Bootcamp for all my work related programs.
My MacBook Pro definitely has the best of worlds now!

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To be determind :D
I would like like to just thank everyone that has contributed to this thread... I got to take home my new mac 2 days ago...I purchased the mac pro 15" quad Cor Mac :) its taking a little getting used to but i like it so far! :) Thanks

Reaction score
You won't be disappointed. I converted 2 years ago (after working with windows since the mid-80's) and have not looked back at all. My MB is still going strong. Although, I am considering upgrading to a new MBP now. ;D Probably pass my MB on to my bro. Good Luck and enjoy your new machine.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mbp

Thanks! I would recommend the new MACBOOK PRO! (the one i have) So far it's really nice! I'm still trying to justify the money i spent on it but i'm sure it will be well worth it!

I just cant wait to start getting good programs on it to really Test out the power of this thing!

We will see! At least the resale value is good :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MBP 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB RAM
7 days old MAC swinger here and loving every moment of it...

... i just miss playing games though :(

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok so yes im a new mac owner as you could of figured out if you have read the past Threads but...Every time i shut the lid it goes on standby...or sleep...now i cant figure out how to change that? I like downloading things and then shutting the lid to let it load but it's not letting me??? Now it only takes like 2 seconds to load back up witch is kinda amazing...but still it wont load any if it's asleep... any thoughts????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2012 13" MBA Core i5 1.8 GHz, 4GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, OS X 10.7.4
My reason for choosing a Mac is that Apple builds the computers to their specs and approves the software, so you know the software will work with the OS. Windows machines must incorporate many choices of hardware and software, so many more compromises have to be made. When one company controls all the hardware used in a computer they can tailor the combination of hardware and software to work right out of the box. Like many say..."It just works!"

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That's what closing the lid does - puts it to sleep - pretty much like every notebook.

Head for System Preferences - Energy Saver and set your preferences for monitor sleep and computer sleep - then leave the lid open when you don't want the computer sleeping.

You can turn the brightness down all the way also.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP problem...

Well on my PC under power options i could control what happens when i shut my lid of my laptop so i find it unusual that on my mac it wont give me that option...i know i can reduce the brightness to nothing with the F1 and F2 keys but i would like to just shut the lid and get it out of the way on my desk...But i guess it is a little problem but still....it is kinda weird right?

Hmmm maybe i'm missing something but system preferences > Energy saver only gets me to chose when my computer Sleeps...and when my screen times out...

Well any other advice would be much appreciated... Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Ok so yes im a new mac owner as you could of figured out if you have read the past Threads but...Every time i shut the lid it goes on standby...or sleep...now i cant figure out how to change that? I like downloading things and then shutting the lid to let it load but it's not letting me??? Now it only takes like 2 seconds to load back up witch is kinda amazing...but still it wont load any if it's asleep... any thoughts????

Caffein for the Mac. Free. Download from here.

Reaction score
I'm also new to the Mac world. Picked up my MBP last week. I must say, I'm beginning to convert. Despite a bit of a learning curve, and a few minor gripes here and there (eg. I certainly miss the forward-delete key. I wish there was a Fn button on the right side. Also, dislike that there isn't a simpler solution to hiding/unhiding hidden documents/folders), I'm loving the experience so far. In fact, this could be the death of Windows for me. I find myself turning on my desktop PC less and less... and I find myself thinking about the iMac. Depending on the refresh this summer, I may purchase that and say goodbye to Windows once and for all. Yikes.

Did I also mention how much I love the ingenious trackpad? I can do things I never thought a laptop could do without a mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Forward delete: function + delete

Reaction score
Forward delete: function + delete

Right. What I mean is, I wish there was also a Fn key on the right side of the keyboard or that the Fn key was on the right side in general. Because to forward delete, I have to use two hands. If the Fn key was on the right side, or if there was a second one on the right side, I could just use one hand to forward delete.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey, So i found another that that REALLY ****** me off with my mac lol Dont get me wrong i love my mac :] BUT! I have 2 nikon cameras and they save files in the same format...So whenen i was trying to transfer my photos to my computer it wouldent let me copy photos because they had the same name!

Now i was like ok no big deal ill just click make a duplicate and them WALA problem salved BUT MAC DOSNT HAVE THAT OPTION!!! it's either i replace the file with the other or i just dont copy it at all!!!! i mean what?????? really? :( i would really like to NOT have to go threw them all and re-name my files just so i can upload my files to my computer.... :( any suggestions - i keep thinking i'm missing something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
Yeah I've had a MacBook Pro since 2010, and wish I would have switched sooner. I guess it was the iPhone effect that got me to consider getting a MacBook Pro, and seeing them at Best Buy and playing with them for a bit, I just had to have one. Runs as great as it did the first day I got it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.