Macbook Pro Wont Charge?

Reaction score
Hello. I really need your guys help. I have a Mid-2010 Macbook Pro 13 inch with a battery that will not charge. I recently installed a new battery to try to fix the problem but it didnt help at all. I have tried different chargers as well. The computer runs off of batery power and it runs off of the charger but the battery never gains charge when plugged in. I have tried updating software and doing a SMC reset. If anyone has any insight to what the problem may be or how this may be able to be resolved please let me know. I am a student and really need to get this fixed or just buy a new laptop. Thanks in advance!

Here is my battery info because I figured someone will probably ask.

Model Information:

Serial Number: D861015004NDGDL3T

Manufacturer: SMP

Device Name: bq20z451

Pack Lot Code: 0

PCB Lot Code: 0

Firmware Version: 2

Hardware Revision: 00aa

Cell Revision: 2

Charge Information:

Charge Remaining (mAh): 2799

Fully Charged: No

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5141

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 1

Condition: Normal

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 10992

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Was it replaced with a genuine Apple battery? Often the 'knock offs' are extremely poor quality. Charger lights functioning okay?

OP
A
Reaction score
It was replaced with a cheap battery but the problem existed with the apple battery. I only replaced the battery to try to fix this problem. The light on the mag charger is not on at all.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why didn't you try another MagSafe Charger if the problem existed before?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ahh well there be your problem no light - no go.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have tried another Apple MagSafe Charger and Apple battery, and still have the same problem, then it could be a logic board problem. It might be a bad DC input control board or the main board itself. Are you near an Apple Store? If you are, take it on in and let them diagnose it. The diagnosis is free at an Apple store but of course any repairs will be charged for accordingly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.