MacBook Pro With Network Problems

Reaction score
I have a 2019 MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.5. Less than a year old.
Having the following issues...
- Web pages often slow to load. Have to restart the loading process.
- At least once a week, I get "502 bad gateway" on every web page. Only remedy is to restart. I did follow all the advice I found regarding change of DNS, etc.
- Sometimes I get rate limited on streaming, having to view low resolution output.
- Sometimes, the network will fail during a Zoom session, causing me to have to log back in.

These problems have been ongoing for a couple of months.
I have other Macs and Windows machines in the house and NONE of them have any of these issues.

Any ideas?

thanks, rex

Reaction score
One thing you might consider trying is buying a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter and plugging your MBP directly into the router to see if there is any change. If so, then that would indicate it's something to do with the wireless connection on that particular Mac.

Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

Also, have you compared the network settings of the MBP to one of the Macs that's working to see if any variables are different?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R
Reaction score
Good thought on the ethernet adaptor. I haven't worked with a wire so long, I forgot it existed.

What's MPB?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.