Macbook Pro screen not working

Reaction score
Hello! A few days ago, my macbook pro screen stopped working. As you can see from the photo, it is covered by pink rectangles. Between the rectangles you can still see some of the login screen. I tested it on an external monitor, and everything worked. Thus it can't be a problem with the GPU. I suspect it is either a problem with the screen itself, or the connector between the motherboard and the screen. Which do you think it is? Thanks!

rsz_img_3266.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

I agree with your assessment. Go to iFixit: The Free Repair Manual and take a look at the disassembly instructions for your particular MacBook Pro and locate the video cabling. That would be the easiest to check first before writing off the display.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How old is this Macbook Pro? If it is still under AppleCare, you should try to use that. If you are outside of that window, then do the suggestion above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.