Macbook Pro Bose QC35 Bluetooth DEFECTIVE

Reaction score
I have a new pair of Bose QC35 headphones with bluetooth, and it is a terrible chore to pair them with my MacBook Pro Retina running Sierra. They will work fine one or two times, and then stop. The headphones will tell me to select them in the Bluetooth device list as though a handshake has taken place, but they will never appear. There are all sorts of suggestions to get around this involving resetting the computer and removing preference plist files, clearing the device list on both the computer and the headphones and on and on. Frankly, it's much easier to give up on Bluetooth. But there is no problem pairing with an iPhone, nor is there any problem pairing a trackpad or mouse or keyboard with the MacBook Pro. The QC35 have no problem at all even pairing with my LG television. Why is the Bose/Macbook interface so $#*(#$ terrible? When will it be fixed?

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like you may be experiencing BT interference between the Bose headphones and your MacBook Pro. If the headphones are pairing with other devices and BT seems to be working OK with your MacBook Pro, that leaves interference as a suspect. Do some googling on how to track it down and what can be done to prevent it. As for the Bose interface, you'll need to take that up with Bose not Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.