MacBook Pro 13" vs MacBook Pro 15"

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Alienware:You get what you pay for, high quality processor and graphics cards, same crap generic screens found on all other windows running laptops. My friend just got a 15" with SLI graphics...don't remember the name, but as soon as we first met, he pulled his out, and I instantly noticed that bad viewing angle on the screen, at which point, he was looking at mine. The disappointment on his face...worth a billion bucks! At least he has an "alienware"...

I want an over priced Dell too. >_>" No, just no. Gaming + notebook = rip off.

...Above, where you say "I don't want a laptop, nor do I want a iMac" yet the title of this thread is Macbook Pro 13" Vs Macbook Pro 15" ....this is a little confusing, but I'm not going to dwell on that :)...

The MB/MBP is not a laptop. It's a notebook. Therefore yes a MBP would be the product that you are looking for if you want power and mobility. It's not going to be as powerful as a desktop machine, but that's the trade off for mobility.

Reaction score
Imho: Anyone whose primary concern has to do with playing any game and concerned with playability and framerates should be custom building their own Win7 gaming box and shouldn't be looking at a Mac for this duty. What about the next game you want to play and you're stuck with a video card that won't handle it on any notebook or all-in-one machine from any manufacturer? Purchasing such a machine is a big mistake.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Apple themselves sell Radeon graphics cards for the 2009 and 2010 MBP's? It seems as if the 330M card is upgradeable...?

In general I do agree with you though - a macbook pro isn't a gaming rig.

To the OP: I recommend the 15" 2.4Ghz i5 for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Just fyi regarding the High-Res display available…

I just got my 15" i7 with the High Resolution screen… I am coming from the late 08 15" MBP… the high res screen is fantastic!!!! A major difference IMO. THe best $100 (additional) I've spent!

and to point out the obvious, the i7 is quick!! (coming from the C2D especially)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.