Macbook Fan question...and more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have a question about (what I assume to be) the fan in my MB. If not the fan, my next guess is the hard drive.

I've had my MB almost a week now. No problems at all. I hear the fan blowing which is fine. It's pretty quiet. However, I hear a faint clicking/ticking along with it. I can't really hear it unless the room is completely silent, which is how I heard it.

The clicking is constant and when I shut down my MB, it gradually died down. So whatever is, my guess is it's spinning. Everything is functioning properly and I have no problems. I'm just wondering if this is normal or if it's something I should have looked at. Thanks!

yea u should get it looked at
no ticks here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook C2D 1GB RAM
Actually it's not a click/tick now that I listen again. It actually sounds like a motor. It's still very faint though. I hear it at the back of the MB near the vents. Is that the fan?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM
Actually it's not a click/tick now that I listen again. It actually sounds like a motor. It's still very faint though. I hear it at the back of the MB near the vents. Is that the fan?

lol yea

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook C2D 1GB RAM
Haha thanks! It's my first Macbook and first Mac, in general. I've never heard a fan sound like that before but good to know it is just the fan. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.