Macbook EFI Firmware update 1.0 Problem

G

geoff8

Same Problem

Hey,

I foolishly interupted the firmware update, the macbook looked as though it'd powered off and I was sure the instructions had said to power it on once this had happened - turns out apparently not!

This now means I have a dead macbook, it makes a funky sound when it turns on but nothing too lively happens. As the guy before said - it won't even read from the startup disks. Anyone know what to do?

I only have a PC (unfortunatly) which means I'm more or less buggered! Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff Wright (Man In Need)

Reaction score
Happened to me on a MacBook Pro, OSX 10.4.8. Apple has a download for a "Firmware Restoration CD" for Intel Based Macs. This corrected the problem for me. I am an Apple Care member and had it done at an Apple Store in about a half hour.They down loaded and burned the CD and showed me how to implement the fix. Easy once I knew how.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.