mac wont connect to my printer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook OS X 10.12 Sierra
I recently upgraded the modem router to a newer one. I followed the directions to connect my mac printer wirelessly. When I try to print it says can't find printer. It was connected before with the old modem. It is an Epson Workforce 360. I have a Macbook 13" late 2009. I am connected to the network. Can someone please help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you run the Epson installation software? When changing routers or modems, wireless printers will need to be setup again. I remember that I had to setup my Epson printer again when a new router was installed.

Attach the Epson by USB and run the installation software that came with the printer.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I recently upgraded the modem router to a newer one. I followed the directions to connect my mac printer wirelessly. When I try to print it says can't find printer. It was connected before with the old modem. It is an Epson Workforce 360. I have a Macbook 13" late 2009. I am connected to the network. Can someone please help.
I couldn’t find the install disk at the time I wrote this message. I finally found it and am installing it now. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I couldn’t find the install disk at the time I wrote this message. I finally found it and am installing it now. Thank you.

And anticipating the worst here, it is usually not recommended to use the install disc that came with a printer that was probably bought several years ago as it will probably be out of date and best to get any updated software from the manufacturer and that is also listed as compatible with the macOS version now being used.

- Patrick
=======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And anticipating the worst here, it is usually not recommended to use the install disc that came with a printer that was probably bought several years ago as it will probably be out of date and best to get any updated software from the manufacturer and that is also listed as compatible with the macOS version now being used.

He can always update the drivers from the Epson web site later on. However, the installation software for Epson is important because it's designed to access and lock on to the wireless signal. The Epson Work Force printers have a LCD readout which is used in conjunction with the software.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

- Patrick
=======
Well I tried it but it didn’t work. It went through every step and said it was successful. But when it say do to add printer it wouldn’t do it. I guess I’ll have to get a new printer. I would like to get a new computer but they are too expensive.

Reaction score
Check the printer for Setup > WiFi. See if you can change the password to your new WiFi Router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But when it say do to add printer it wouldn’t do it.

Is there possibly anything useful here that might help get things working...???:

My apologies if this is redundant...

- Patrick
=======

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is there possibly anything useful here that might help get things working...???:

My apologies if this is redundant...

- Patrick
=======
I have tried the above. I still can't get it to connect. The installation goes great. I print the report at the end it all says pass. So I know the printer is connected to the network. I am connected to the network but when it gets to the part that says to click add it won't. I have also gone to system preferences to printers. When i click on add from there it picks up the fax ip address. I don't know whet else I could try. Thank you all for trying to help me. I guess Im getting to old to have patience to sit and try to figure this out. Thank you all for helping.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have tried the above. I still can't get it to connect. The installation goes great. I print the report at the end it all says pass. So I know the printer is connected to the network. I am connected to the network but when it gets to the part that says to click add it won't. I have also gone to system preferences to printers.

That seems so close to get it working, I would suggest calling epson tech support as it certainly seems to be a nice compatible printer scanner.

I'm sure they can find a solution for you but if not I would suggest and try:
Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem

If wireless printing doesn't work, try setting it up with either USB or Ethernet connection
Connecting directly to a computer with a USB cable or Ethernet connection

or one of their other support topics:

I gather the epsom worked properly until you "recently upgraded the modem router to a newer one". So try to usb or ethernet route.

For what it's worth, I could not get our Cannon MX922 printer/scanner to work with airprint with our iDevices after IP company changed our access point wireless router to a newer and faster Hitron model. That wasn't a big deal as we don't use it that often so I just used the ethernet connection which turned out to be a lot better and a **** of a lot faster, so actually a better outcome in the end.

You certainly shouldn't need a new printer just because your existing one won't get added!!! And maybe read what apple has to say about it:

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@Njjohns
BTW: I just noticed that according to Apple, they do not list your Epson Workforce 360 as a supported airprint device:

But not to worry if that is the case as if you can get it working using a cable connection, usb or ethernet, you can then probably get it working as an airprint printer using the handyprint preference pane and your mac as an airprint server.

We did that with an earlier non-airprint canon printer we had and it worked very well.

Now I am really curious as to whether that Epson Workforce 360 was working before the modem router was changed or not???

PS: did you make sure the epsom was
NOT CONNECTED to your computer when you ran the software install from the install disc and was the software already installed from a previous installation???

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:
Reaction score
Open Finder> Applications > TextEdit. Then type in anything Test is my favorite term. Hold down Command key and hit P. See if the print box comes up, if it does hit "Print." See the box below.
Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 5.18.18 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.