Mac mini Question!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Members of my user group are constantly wanting to use their iPads as their only mobile computing device, but that often isn't practical.

I have to agree. I purchased my 10.5" iPad Pro with the Apple Keyboard case just to be able to use it as a mobile device rather than spend more money on a MacBook or MacBook Pro. I was disappointed after trying to do word processing or other complex things. Now I use it only for email and forum work. Definitely not as useful as I had intended it to be.

I have read articles in Mac|Life and Macworld magazine about folks who seem to be able to do everything on their iPad. More credit to them, but as you say, it just isn't practical.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
To be fair, if it was just the Apple Keyboard Case that was holding you back, there are some awesome keyboard cases for the iPad:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JA6HG88/?tag=macforums0e4-20

Brydge - Award Winning Bluetooth Keyboards for iPad & Surface Pro

Thanks for those suggestions as I have been considering and perusing some keyboards for our older iPad models and I hadn't come across either model, both of which seem quite impressive but I think the 9.7" Brydge model would suit us better. Too bad the price is so high!!

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've looked at other keyboards for the iPad. However, the Apple keyboard cover is not the reason I stated my disappointment in my iPad usage. I just found it too demanding to do the same things on my iPad Pro that I could easily do on a MacBook Pro or iMac.

Reaction score
...the 9.7" Brydge model would suit us better. Too bad the price is so high!!

It *is* expensive. But it's the Cadillac of keyboard covers. It virtually turns your iPad into a laptop, and it seems for all the world as if it came that way from Apple!

If you want something less expensive, have a look at these keyboard covers, which lots of folks also seem to like:

Logitech Slim Combo
Logitech Slim Combo iPad Pro Case with Detachable Backlit Keyboard and Smart Connector

Zagg Slimbook
The Ultra Slim iPad Case with Keyboard - Slim Book

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.