Mac Mail - Archive On My Mac folder

Reaction score
Our company uses Rackspace IMAP for email and Mac Mail. When the server side mailboxes start to get a little full, we manually move emails from Inbox/Sent folders to the On My Mac archive folder. My co-worker recently went into his archive folder to find an attachment in an email from 6/3/16 and it continuously shows up as downloading, but never does. Upon further investigation in my archive folder, I see that mine is doing the same thing. It seems that the emails that are affected by this are from about June to end of October/beginning of November 2016. All other emails seem to be fine. We have taken the typical troubleshooting steps of restarting, forwarding the email, making a copy to another folder, and rebuilding the archive mailbox with no luck of getting the attachment back. Any suggestions on how to get the attachments from that time period to re-download?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.