• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forums' Bar & Grill II

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Never thought I'd do it, but today I plunked down $307 (with EPP discount) on Apple Care. It pains me to do so as I know I can replace any part in this machine without batting an eyelash, but the parts are so ridiculously expensive. I'm also not too comfortable with the NVIDIA defect, and want the coverage on the GPU to extend beyond the 2 years that Apple provides.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
OH MAN! I almost missed my Calculus exam because I somehow slept through my alarm. I woke up less than 15 minutes beforehand and miraculously made it in on time because my cousin let me borrow his car instead of walking. I can't believe I almost screwed up that much. I think I did pretty decent on the exam though.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i remember someone in my college got hammered the night before a huge exam, with some drug use likely too, got a short nap in, went to his exam and basically wrote gibberish in his blue book - without knowing it was gibberish of course. i was hanging out with this guy and some other friends either later that day or the next when the teacher (a nun) approached him and said something to the effect of "i'm guessing you're going to want to retake this?" while holding his bluebook; then gave him a time to come in.

dude caught a serious break.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
i remember the last question on my precalc exam, i was given an equation and told to label the major and minor axes, so i drew a hatchet and a battle axe. Needless to say i failed that exam.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I remember BS'ing so many final projects in accounting and finance, then getting a decent grade in the end. It's like professors graded my stuff in their sleep, which I'm completely content with. I think I'll be stapling more Ambien pill samples to my projects.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ordered iLife '09 on Monday. As with most Apple products, it shipped out of a warehouse just a few miles from where I live. The next day, it found its way to Rutherford, NJ (about 3.5 hours away), where DHL delivered it to USPS. I suppose at this point, USPS will have to ferry the package back to my area for delivery. Figure that one out...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz C2D
I ordered iLife '09 on Monday. As with most Apple products, it shipped out of a warehouse just a few miles from where I live. The next day, it found its way to Rutherford, NJ (about 3.5 hours away), where DHL delivered it to USPS. I suppose at this point, USPS will have to ferry the package back to my area for delivery. Figure that one out...

I ordered a Jawbone Headset for my iPhone from Amazon. The order tracking via USPS shows shipment left KY on 2/10/09, then shows an arrival scan in Orlando, FL, on 2/12/09, followed by a departure scan on 2/13/09 and an arrival scan in Jacksonville, FL, on 2/14/09.

Here's the kicker, I'm in Clermont, FL, one city west of Orlando. So why did they send it up to Jax from Orlando? The estimated delivery date is not until 2/19/09. Wonder where else they're going to send it before it finally lands in my hands??

And the USPS wonders why nobody wants to use them anymore.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Hi, ZOMG don't highlight me, what are you doing?!?.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can you hear me now?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I am a fan of hockey though.
Red Wings fan I assume? I would say that my team is better but it's hard to dispute when your team is fighting off the other bottom feeders for that "coveted" last place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Red Wings fan I assume? I would say that my team is better but it's hard to dispute when your team is fighting off the other bottom feeders for that "coveted" last place.

Leafs first, Wings second.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Leafs first, Wings second.
Good man. Although I feel bad now saying something about our team when it's playing so bad. I just want to "beat" the Islanders and get Tavares in the draft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm going to use my wonderful day off to do a full system reinstall.

120gb - Mac OS X
32gb - Windows XP

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd love to have the time to do that but I don't. Blasted grad school getting in the way!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd love to have the time to do that but I don't. Blasted grad school getting in the way!

I take classes three days a week, so Friday and Monday are just part of my 4 day weekend.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, the economy certainly hasn't effected Apple - at least in this area. I stopped into the Apple Store for a new Bluetooth mouse and a power adapter. The place was packed (and has been each and every time I've been in there). I had to track someone down to check me out.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I take classes three days a week, so Friday and Monday are just part of my 4 day weekend.
Long weekends every week? You can take solace in knowing that I'm thoroughly jealous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1.42 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, OS X 10.4
I need to visit this place more. Seems school is the only time I remember, though. :p

Reaction score
Gosh, life gets busy.

Just wanted to check in.

I've had a pretty good weekend.
Went out with some friends friday night and Saturday I visited my grandma in rehab. She's doing great and is determined to walk again despite what doctors tell her. Today I'm just finishing up a bunch of homework and studying for exams this week.

How was everyone's weekend around here?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.